Marion S. Whelan School of Practical Nursing (MSWSPN) offers a program that is beneficial to the learner seeking a career as a license practical nurse. Students attend during the day, Monday through Friday for ten months. This PN Program is a 1080 clock-hour program awarding graduates with a Certificate of Practical Nursing and graduates are fully prepared to take their NCLEX exam for licensure.
Traditional Program Admissions:
- Apply online beginning November 1st for Fall 2021 admissions
- Pay the $50.00 Application Fee online when applying to the program
- The Application deadline to apply is February 1st
- All required documents must be received by no later than February 5th
- Decision letters are sent out the first week of March
- Classes begin the last week of August
Program Admission Requirements:
- Copy of your official high school diploma or GED transcript
- Copy transcript of a completed Biology or Anatomy & Physiology I (A&PI) with a ‘C’ or higher within the past 5 years of application date (grades below a ‘C’ are not accepted).
Second Trimester Program Admission
This option is available to applicants who have completed their Nursing Fundamentals in another program with a grade of ‘C+’ or higher within the past 2 years of application date.
- Apply online at the MSWSPN.com website beginning June 1st
- Pay the $50.00 Application Fee online when you apply to the Second Semester Program
- The application deadline to apply is September 1st
- All required documents must be received by no later than September 5th
- Decision letters are sent out the first week of October
- Classes begin in November
Second Trimester Admission Requirements include:
- A copy of your transcript of completion in Nursing Fundamentals with a ‘C+’ or higher within the past 2 years of the application date
- A copy of your official High School Diploma or GED Transcript
- A transcript of a completed Biology or Anatomy & Physiology I (A&P I) with a ‘C’ or higher within the past 5 years of the application date (grades below a ‘C’ are not accepted)
PROCESS TO APPLY FOR ALL ENTRY OPTIONS:
- Apply online on the MSWSPN.com website: http://www.mswspn.com
- Acknowledgement of receipt of your online application and application fee will be sent from the school by email to the email address noted on your application. Occasionally the receipt email may go into your SPAM email folder. Please check that folder as well for receipt.
- Meet all application requirements by the deadline noted
- All transcripts and supporting documents must be received by no later than the application deadline date.
- Review the Ranking Sheet for Traditional Fall Admissions: Traditional Ranking Sheet
- If you are High School Senior review the HS Ranking Sheet: High School Student Admission Points
- Review the General Education Couse Requirements Document: General Education Course Requirements for Graduation
- Note: Acceptance is based on ranking and seat availability.
All applicants are evaluated for required coursework and then ranked based by academic points total amount when they apply to our program. The points are assigned by specific criteria, coursework, and grade. Review our Ranking Sheet. Admission will be offered to qualified applicants with the highest number of points applied from the Ranking Sheet.
High School Students are encouraged to apply and review the Ranking Sheet for High School Students
Those applicants who do not receive an offer of acceptance are encouraged to contact the school to discuss an academic plan for future application consideration
Thank you for your interest in our program. We welcome your call or email if you have any further questions or need clarification and assistance.
MSWSPN/FLHCON(1+1) Program Requirements:
The MSWSPN/FLHCON (1+1) program is only available to currently enrolled Marion S. Whelan College of Practical Nursing students. There are two options available for enrollment in the 1+1 program are:
- Option One: Successful completion of the challenge exam, with a grade of “C” (77%) or higher.
- Option Two: Completion of the MSWSPN program with a GPA of 85% or greater in core nursing courses; NSGI, NSGII, and NSGIII and a satisfactory grade in all clinical components of the MSWSPN program
Process/Procedure – current MSWSPN students interested in the FLHCON/MSWSPN (1+1) program must:
- File a Traditional RN application via Empower for FLHCON admission
- Meet all application requirements by the published application deadline date (available on the FLHCON.edu website)
Admission into the MSWSPN/FLHCON (1+1) program is based on the following:
- Successful completion of the MSWSPN program with a grade of 85%or higher in each of the three trimesters
- Successful completion of the 1+1 Challenge exam with a grade of “C” (77%)or higher
- Availability of NS III slots in the FLHCON Registered Nurse program
Core Performance Standards for Admission and Progression
Nursing is a practice discipline with cognitive, sensory, affective, and psychomotor performance requirements. For admission and progression, the following core performance standards must be performed independently: Core Performance Standards for Nursing Document
If you are unable to meet one or more of these standards without accommodations or modifications, you may request reasonable assistance from Disability Services. Through an interactive process, Disability Services will make a case by case determination. Recent documentation (within 3 years) is required.
Please send all documentation and transcripts to:
MSWSPN School Admissions Department
196 North Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Submit your admissions information request via this link: Admissions Office
Again, thank you for your interest in our school. Please call us at (315) 787-4005 if you have additional questions.