Thank you for your interest in the Marion S. Whelan School of Practical Nursing. Our program is a ten month Practical Nursing program. Graduates of our program are eligible to sit for the licensing exam for practical nurses. Updated: Announcement for Admissions Updated 2019
A competitive process is used for ranking applicants for the Practical Nursing Program Admissions. Points are assigned to specific criteria. All applicant transcripts are evaluated for required coursework. Admission points will be awarded based the final grade earned for each completed course. Applicant files are then ranked by Academic Points (click on link to the right) MSW PN Admission Points 2019 after the close of the application period*. Admission will be offered based on qualified students from highest to lowest.
*RANKING POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR:
- Most recent GPA.
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II (with a grade of “C” or better within the last five (5) years
- Previous certification as a health care provider (EMT, CNA, HHA, etc.) with documentation
- If you currently hold an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Completed courses in English Composition, General Psychology and Adult Lifespan Psychology
- If you are a High School Senior review the admission points link: MSW PN Admission Points High School Seniors 2019
ADMISSION: In order to be considered for acceptance into the Practical Nursing Program, you must:
- Have successfully completed a course in Basic Biology or Anatomy & Physiology I with a final grade of “C” or better within five (5) years of application to our program.
- You also need to have an official High School or a GED transcript. High school seniors may apply prior to their actual graduation date
- Applications are accepted online from November 1st through February 1st for the Fall admission period each year. Decision letters are mailed out the 1st week of March.
- Applicants for the November/Trimester II admission must also have completed the above requirements and Nursing Fundamentals (from another nursing program) within 2 years of application with a final grade of C+ or higher. Application period opens June 1st and closes on September 1st. Decision letters are mailed out the 1st week of October. Classes will begin the last week in November.
APPLICATIONS: All applications must be submitted online along with required application fee.
- Acknowledgment of receipt of online application will be sent from the School of Nursing via email (check your SPAM folder)
- All supporting documentation; high school / GED official transcript, proof of completion of Biology requirement or Anatomy & Physiology I must be received by the stated application deadline to the address noted below.
- Applicants who do not receive an offer of acceptance are encouraged to contact the School of Nursing to discuss an academic plan for future application consideration.
Again, thank you for your interest in our school. Please call us at (315) 787-5403 if you have additional questions.
ALL DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE MAILED TO:
MSWSPN – Student Admissions Department
196 North Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Phone: (315) 787-5403
Fax: (315) 787-4275
Submit your Information Request by this Link: Admissions Office